The Hall was built sometime during the 1800’s and sold to the Church by the Osborne family of Chicksands on the 7th July 1873 when it was used as the Village School until 17th June 1936. It was then used as the Sunday School for a number of years. It was then sold to the PCC for £140 on the 3rd July 1959.
By 1970 it had fallen into a state of dis-repair and was then leased to the Parish Council for £1.00 per year on the understanding that it would be re-furbished and be managed by an appointed committee. The Village Hall Management Committe was formed and it was registered as a charity.
The hall was the last thatched Village Hall in Bedfordshire but the time came for the roof to be re-thatched and the decision was taken to replace the roof with tiles. A number of fund raising events took place in the village and a total of £18,000 was raised to pay for the new roof in 1992. The hall was extended with toilets and a meeting room added in 1976. The latest addition is Gas Fired Hot Water Radiator Central Heating which was installed in 2002, this was achieved through local fund raising and from Grants provided by the South East Beds Community Liaison Forum.
The Hall is used by a number of village groups and private individuals, such as the Bowls Club, Yoga Classes, Mothers and Toddler groups, Parish Council, All Saints’ Church, Children’s Parties, Wedding Parties and Birthday Parties.
In 2015 the toilets were refurbished with facilities for the disabled and baby changing fitted. At the start of 2020 new curtains were purchased and fitted throughout the village hall. During Spring/Summer 2020 the main hall and small meeting room have been painted throughout. New flooring has been installed in the small meeting room. A new fridge has been installed into the kitchen and the outside has benefited from a coat of paint too.
